Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Have you ever just wanted an onion ring?

Where in the world these thoughts come from I don't know. But there I was leaving the office 10 min late and it was pouring down rain. As I'm coming down the elevator Bruce calls to tell me that he is eating at work and that I should just go ahead and eat. Immediately my mind begins racing. The possibilities seem endless! I for sure know I'm not cooking anything so I begin to think of my dining choices or take home. All of a sudden I decide I want an onion ring. Not a Burger King onion ring, not a Outback Steak House onion ring, not a frozen food onion ring from the grocery, I WANT AN ONION RING! For those that live in Wayne County you know what kind of onion ring I want. That's right a deep fried, batter tipped, sweet juicy onion ring from Bishops. I'm almost getting depressed because I know that it doesn't exist anywhere around here and when I was home last time, did I bother to buy a package of the batter at Buehlers? No! Why? I don't know! Because I ended up just driving home in the pouring down rain, barely able to see thinking...if I can't have that onion ring, then I don't want any. Guess what? I'm making spaghetti.. at home.. don't even have an onion in the house! 

So I didn't know if anybody else has ever had that experience of wanting the totally unavailable or not. But that's my onion ring story. The end.

1 comment:

  1. Ya, totally! There was a place here called T Wrights steakhouse that had the best ones. Long gone now. Sad.

    ReplyDelete