Monday, September 6, 2010

Giraffe... really....

No middle aged womans blog is complete without discussing the horrors of bathing suit shopping.  Well today was it. Once a year I hit the 75% off sale at Dillards in hopes of getting a bathing suit for a decent price that will make me look presentable at the very least. I'm always successful with finding a bargain, the other part is more taxing. First of all.. I lucked out because the woman working the floor had the same body type as me and could understand my needs from the beginning. However, the 75% off sale was a week ago Sunday and I swear there were only about 6 suits left in my size. I started out by trying on "tankini's". Well as usual the kini teeny tops didn't work on my volumptuousness, so I moved to the one piece. I swore I'd never buy another miracle suit. But there it was! On my rack to try on. Looking like some big huge giraffe prints as well. Oh gawd. What choice did I have though. The bright yellow two piece didn't work, the tankini's no way! and then I saw where I brought back some tops that didn't even have bottoms with them (wtf? obviously I was stressed). So I try on the giraffe suit. First thing I notice right away is the comfort of it all. Second thing I notice is my boobs fit in it. Third thing I notice is I look slimmer in it, actually I look very nice in it. So as much as I didn't want to buy the giraffe suit I was forced to. It was on sale 75% off, but it was no $20.! Try more like $40. I justify this of course because I live in florida and I must have bathing suits, and I'm worth it. You'll here me saying "I'm worth it" over and over . So the next time you are finding yourself staring at a zoo print, my suggestion is to try it on. Because you never know you too could be a giraffe if the price is right and the fit is too!

2 comments:

  1. So you are a type A (for apple) body shape and it is a great fit! Us type P (for pear) work the best with the dress, or skirt type suits. Never the less they are not the string bikini's that we know we are really wearing in our minds. See, alzheimers comes on simply and like a suttle breeze does feel good in some ways. Wait! It that where the ignorance is bliss statement came from? Seriously, it is all about attitude, YOU, Mermaid Dreamer taught and re-enforced that one to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend , I love that bathing suit . It's so shapely and pretty .Glad you found it .
    Good start on your Blog , I have one to although I haven't posted lately . I did a lot some time back and it's still open if you want to look at it . I guess I don't always know what to post .I wrote about Sherry in one of my posts .
    Thanks for telling us on FB about your Blog .
    Mary R

    ReplyDelete